Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Give Thanks that We Can Live Above Problems

I am thankful that I am above problems.

I notice that dwelling on problems makes them seem bigger than they really are. Molehills look like insurmountable mountains. Delays suddenly appear as dead ends. Annoyances are interpreted as personal attacks. We can make ourselves miserable by focusing on what is wrong, uncomfortable or frustrating. Having learned how quickly this causes me to lose my joy and peace of mind, I make it a point to refocus as quickly as I can on possibilities and positive outcomes. I can cope with the molehills. I can see myself on the other side of the mountain. Delays may test my patience, but I can pass this test. They might motivate me to make alternate plans. I can recall times when delays have turned out to be blessings in disguise. Annoyances do not have to spoil my mood or bring out the worst in me. Some people get so upset if a driver cuts them off that they start cursing and their blood pressure soars. It takes some time afterwards to calm down and shake off the agitation. There will always be people and situations that will bother us or push our buttons. We cannot control it, but we can control how we react and whether or not we will focus on the problem or sensible solutions. I want to remain hopeful when I face problems. I will seek out answers and solutions, but if I do not have any, I will not give up. I will see myself as an overcomer and continue to believe and pray for direction and answers until I have what I need. I am thankful that as I focus on the possibilities and trust that things will work out, problems and cares of this world cannot keep me down.

Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved. Written by Krystal Kuehn. NewDayCounseling.org and BeHappy4Life.com


Krystal Kuehn, MA, LPC, LLP, NCC is a psychotherapist, author, teacher & musician. She is the cofounder of New Day Counseling, a marriage family counseling and child therapy center and BeHappy4Life.com, an award-winning, self-help and inspirational site where you can find hundreds of free resources, insights & inspiration.


<< Go Back to Krystal's Give Thanks Journal Home

No comments:

Post a Comment