Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Give Thanks for Mothers

I am thankful for...a Godly mother

Abraham Lincoln said, "I regard no man as poor who has a godly mother." I reflected on how blessed and rich we are who have a mother who lives a godly life and is an example to her children of God's goodness and love. In her life they see and learn wisdom, integrity, good work ethics, and godly values and morals. She teaches them how to live fully and truly succeed in life. She instills in them words of wisdom and models integrity. She encourages them to believe in themselves, and she is their greatest supporter and encourager. By her example they experience and know unconditional love, gratitude, faith, peace and true joy. They know there is nothing they can do to make her stop loving them. She models a life of gratitude, and they are her greatest blessings. She believes in them and her faith is unwavering. Peace in her heart guides her. No mother is perfect, and every good mom makes mistakes. What matters most is her heart. I am thankful for moms who try their best, give their all, and bless their children with something priceless...their love.

Every good mother is thankful for her children and wants to be the best mom she can be. Soon after my son was born, I wrote this baby poem: Thank You Lord for this Child.   We have made it into a video and it has been touching people around the world ever since.  I thank God for using this poem to bless moms and so many others in the way He has. I pray it blesses you too.

All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother. ~Abraham Lincoln  

Mama was my greatest teacher, a teacher of compassion, love and fearlessness. If love is sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love. ~ Stevie Wonder 
By my mother's example, I developed a burning desire to live for God, trust in His goodness and love, fulfill  my calling, believe in dreams and never give up.  ~Krystal Kuehn

A praying mother is more precious and valuable than all the riches in the world. ~Violet James


Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved. Written by Krystal Kuehn. NewDayCounseling.org and BeHappy4Life.com



Krystal Kuehn, MA, LPC, LLP, NCC is a psychotherapist, author, teacher & musician. She is the cofounder of New Day Counseling, a marriage family counseling & child therapy center and BeHappy4Life.com, an award-winning, self-help and inspirational site where you can find hundreds of free resources, insights & inspiration.


<< Go Back to Krystal's Give Thanks Journal Home

No comments:

Post a Comment