Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Give Thanks for Positive People

I am thankful for... positive people
We have heard that laughter is contagious, but did you know that happiness is contagious as well? I just read about a 20 year research study that showed a person is 15 percent more likely to be happy if they have a close friend or family member that is happy. It also showed that happy people tend to stick together. This makes perfect sense. I notice that the more I commit to being the best I can be and living a lifestyle of true happiness, the more I am drawn to positive and happy people. It is so nice to be around optimistic people with a good attitude.

Were you ever around someone who points out what is wrong with everything and everyone, gives reasons to worry and fear, and complains about how unfair life is? Or, someone who tells you why you should give up on your goals and dreams because you don’t have what it takes. Negative people can put fear and pessimism in you if you let them. It can be difficult being around them because they tend to create a negative atmosphere as they focus on everything they don't like or that is wrong. Just as happiness and a positive outlook are contagious, so is negativity. It is no wonder that happy, positive people stick together. They try to avoid negative influences because they know how destructive and hopeless they can be. Positive and happy people are like lights in the world. They brighten our days and bring encouragement and hope wherever they go. I am so thankful for people with positive outlooks. They remind me that life is good. They remind me to enjoy life, laugh more often, appreciate my blessings, believe for the best, trust God, stay full of faith and hope and give thanks always. Being a positive, happy person is a lifestyle. We can develop the habit of being optimistic as I describe in The 9 Habits of Happy People. I am thankful that I can be positive, hopeful, and happy, and make it a habit for life!

Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved. Written by Krystal Kuehn. NewDayCounseling.org and BeHappy4Life.com


Krystal Kuehn, MA, LPC, LLP, NCC is a psychotherapist, author, teacher & musician. She is the cofounder of New Day Counseling, a marriage family counseling & child therapy center and BeHappy4Life.com, an award-winning, self-help and inspirational site where you can find hundreds of free resources, insights & inspiration.


<< Go Back to Krystal's Give Thanks Journal Home

No comments:

Post a Comment