Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Give Thanks that Our Words Can Encourage & Motivate Others

I am thankful that my words can encourage and motivate others

It is amazing how a simple compliment and words of appreciation have the power to encourage and brighten someone’s day. When I was a kid, I recall a magnet on the refrigerator. It said, “Give someone’s day a little lift, give a kind word as a gift.” Even a simple “thank you” or “you look nice today” can be encouraging and remind us that we are appreciated.

The other day, I thanked one of my son’s teachers for the positive impact she was having on his learning. He enjoys her class and was so inspired by a movie she showed the students that he purchased the DVD. When I told her this, she was very surprised. She said she often wondered if her students were getting anything from her class. Learning that she is having an impact made her so happy. She smiled as she repeatedly thanked me for letting her know. I was so glad I did.

Too often we have an opportunity to say something kind or encouraging, but we keep it to ourselves. If we only knew how much of a positive impact our compliments and words of appreciation can have, I am sure we would share them more often. Every time I get positive feedback or am told of how something I wrote or did helped someone, I am encouraged. It brightens my day. I don’t think we can ever feel too appreciated. I am so thankful that every day I have a chance to show kindness and appreciation to others. My words can encourage and motivate others. I am thankful that I can use them to really make a difference!

Krystal Kuehn, MA, LPC, LLP, NCC is a psychotherapist, author, teacher & musician. She is the cofounder of New Day Counseling, a family marriage counseling & child counseling center, BeHappy4Life.com, an award-winning, self-help and inspirational site where you can find hundreds of free resources, insights and inspiration, and the soon-to-be launched Baby-Poems.com, a celebration of children with baby poems, baby quotes, articles and more.

<< Go Back to Krystal's Give Thanks Journal Home

No comments:

Post a Comment